Doveadm backup...

Stephane Magnier steph.mag220 at netcourrier.com
Mon Mar 28 05:10:48 UTC 2022

Hi John,

Thanks for sharing. Effectively, I prefer to check out and test it
before running into troubles.. and discovered that I have no backup up
and running :-)

1) OK thanks for the tips.. re-indexation..."doveadm index -u USERx INBOX"

2) Running : [root at mbox1 xenia]# doveadm mailbox status -u USERx guid '*'
Trash guid=f6e62d01c1847b6196f400004eac7fb4
Sent guid=a82520269daa79610a8a00004eac7fb4
Drafts guid=223789209daa79610a8a00004eac7fb4
Junk guid=2033a72b9caa7961038a00004eac7fb4
INBOX guid=2133a72b9caa7961038a00004eac7fb4
[root at mbox1 xenia]#

Sounds to be the mess ? :-) Different guid.. possibly

3) non, I din't try DSYNC.. to be honest I don't which way to go :-)

OK.I will see this :

  doveadm -Dv backup -u userx maildir:/mnt/nfs-backup/userx
That might be the solution

with this syntax, I've seen the SSH version.. ? ( doveadm -Dv backup -u
userx ssh root at 1.1.1.1:/fold1/fold2  ) I don't know if this will work

In fact, I don't need a real time synchronization system. A simple
backup would be enough... but I wish to be able to retrieve a system
ASAP, which is down..

However, I am quite interested in knowing and studying a way to get a "
real time " synchronization system; where you have 2 emails servers in
parallel... but for now, a simple backup is enough

Thanks??  I will test some of your examples.