Private \seen flags lost during message move for other users

Cube cube_00 at hotmail.com
Mon Mar 28 16:47:51 UTC 2022

I think the problem is when I move a message between mailboxes (or
folders) there would need to be some way to update the \Seen flag inside
every user's private index of that new mailbox where message has been
moved into.

I was thinking about it more and realized I'm more concerned about
making sure new mail in the inbox isn't missed. Once it's moved out of
the inbox by someone we can consider it "done" and it can be marked read
for everyone.

I've been able to get this working with two namespaces.

namespace shared-inbox {
   prefix = "inbox."
   location =
maildir:/home/vmail/%d/Maildir-Inbox:INDEXPVT=/home/vmail/%u/Inbox-indexpvt
   inbox = yes
}

namespace shared-mailboxes {
   location = maildir:/home/vmail/%d/Maildir
}

I would appreciate any feedback in case there's a better way to do this
or if this is likely to cause any problems.

Thank you.