dovecot-fts-solr Solr9 support

Shawn Heisey elyograg at elyograg.org
Tue May 17 16:17:19 UTC 2022

On 5/17/22 09:02, PGNet Dev wrote:

> Modifying the config to use CaffeineCache
>
>     cp solr-config-7.7.0.xml solr-config-9.0.0.xml
>     perl -pi -e '\
>      s|solr.FastLRUCache|solr.CaffeineCache|g; \
>      s|solr.LRUCache|solr.CaffeineCache|g; \
>      s|solr.search.LRUCache|solr.search.CaffeineCache|g;' \
>     solr-config-9.0.0.xml
>
> appears to do the trick.
> Atm, indexing & search -- both manually triggered, and on delivery
> receipt to Dovecot store -- is working with no errors (yet).

Yesterday I upgraded my Solr install for dovecot from 8.11.2-SNAPSHOT to
10.0.0-SNAPSHOT.  It is still working and the config did not need
further changes from what I already had.

I have been customizing my solrconfig.xml and managed-schema files ... I
had made the change to CaffeineCache quite a while back.  I have also
changed the analyzer chain in the schema to use a contrib component, so
my config won't be directly usable -- it requires loading some extra
jars.  When I upgraded, I did need to change the extra jars that were
loaded.

I can come up with a new config that should work in 8.x, 9.x, and the
current dev branch by almost anyone.

I should probably see if I can write some end to end instructions for
installing Solr and configuring dovecot to use it.  Something that is
missing from the current instructions is how to initiate a FULL reindex
of all data in the dovecot install.

Thanks,
Shawn