ot: how to t/s TBird problems ?

Joseph Tam jtam.home at gmail.com
Wed Oct 12 22:22:13 UTC 2022

> I recently upgraded my Thunderbird email client and have experienced
> problems since.
> It appears that when Tbird polls for new messages it gets held up
> waiting for a response from the server
> I'm using POP port 995.
> Any ideas as to why I'm having a problem ?
> -------------------
>
> how to investigate such issue ?

I suspect you'll need to do session logging e.g.

        protocol pop3 {
                rawlog_dir = /writable/logdir/%u
        }

then

        mkdir /writable/logdir/user
        chmod 0777 /writable/logdir/user

to obtain session transcripts of what server/client are doing.

I don't see any obvious errors from the logs that indicate any failure.
I do see the INBOX is rather large so maybe a timeout is involved.

Joseph Tam <jtam.home at gmail.com>