adding caldav/carddav next to dovecot

hi at zakaria.website hi at zakaria.website
Sun Oct 16 15:09:18 UTC 2022

On 2022-10-14 14:13, Marc wrote:
> I hope it is ok to post this off-topic question here. I was wondering
> if there are here environments running that offer next to dovecot also
> calendar and contacts services.
> In the past I was testing a bit with the one from Apple, but I think it
> is being discontinued because of converting the python 2 code.
>
> I am looking for some experience with a setup provisioning >10k users.
> Not that I have such requirement, but I want to know if the solution is
> stable, efficient and optionally can scale. I need something efficient,
> because I do not have to many resources and high iops available.
> I also do not want any other other 'crap' just the cal (and card) dav
> solution.
>
> https://github.com/1and1/cosmo
> This looks interesting (used 1und1 in Germany?) but not big community
>
> https://sabre.io/dav/install/
> This is in php ...

Hi there,

I tried Roundcube Calendar and Tasks List plugins from Kolab, tbh they
are good, and I would recommend them yet SOGo seems that it stands out
in terms of layout and mobile mode smooth performance given RC one its
PHP/JS based with caching perhaps can outplay the latter as SOGo is
fully AJAX frontend based it plays smoothly in mobile mode imho better
than RC thats so static. In RC, I was able to import directly from email
to Calendar some events in ICS format and it worked like a charm. I
think RC its great too and can scale efficiently as long as you
configure the webserver and its load balancing solution properly.

Btw I ought to note that I am genuinely not a spam, and my email TLD was
blocked by your mail server when CC'ed this email.

Good luck.

Zakaria.