Office 365 SSL issue

Ervin Hegedüs airween at gmail.com
Sun Oct 23 08:07:17 UTC 2022

Hi Jeff,

On Sat, Oct 22, 2022 at 09:05:42AM -0400, Jeff Koch wrote:
> We had the same problem starting around October 14th -  'unsupported
> encryption type' - we were running Dovecot 2.2.32. It was resolved by
> upgrading Dovecot, in our case, to v2.3.7

well, thanks for you answer (and also thanks for Zakaria).

This is a sad news, but if there is no other chance... I have to
reinstall the whole machine.

The explained behavior is a bit odd, because if the user replace
the hostname of the IMAP/POP server by the IP address of the
server at the settings, then client notices him that the certificate is
non-valid (because of the FQDN), but after it works...

Thanks,

a.