how to configure imapsieve to be used per user

Sebastian Bachmann hello at reox.at
Mon Oct 24 10:00:52 UTC 2022

according to the documentation, this has to be added to the IMAP
METADATA dict per mailbox
(https://doc.dovecot.org/configuration_manual/imap_metadata/):

https://doc.dovecot.org/configuration_manual/sieve/plugins/imapsieve/ says:
> The basic IMAPSIEVE capability allows attaching a Sieve script to a mailbox for any mailbox by setting a special IMAP METADATA entry. This way, users can configure Sieve scripts that are run for IMAP events in their mailboxes.
But I can not find any example how this should work, neither which
client supports setting those things.
My guess is that these keys are used:
https://www.iana.org/assignments/imap-metadata/imap-metadata.xhtml#imap-metadata-2

I would also be interested to know if and how that works, especially if
you can add a rule when moving mails (from anywhere) to a certain
mailbox for a single user.

Best,
Sebastian