how to clean virtual users correctly

Paul Kudla paul at scom.ca
Wed Oct 26 11:29:02 UTC 2022

ok in general

the mail client (thunderbird etc) will usually create these upon the
first login

i on the other hand (because this was always a crap shoot with cyrus)
take the time to make the special folders manually.

example (done in python):

                         command2 =
commands.getoutput('/usr/local/bin/doveadm mailbox create -s -u %s Sent'
%str(username))
                         print 'Command2 : %s' %command2
                         command3 =
commands.getoutput('/usr/local/bin/doveadm mailbox create -s -u %s
Trash' %str(username))
                         print 'Command3 : %s' %command3
                         command4 =
commands.getoutput('/usr/local/bin/doveadm mailbox create -s -u %s
Drafts' %str(username))
                         print 'Command4 : %s' %command4

also note dovecot config's

namespace inbox {