Read-only / archive mode for IMAP mailboxes?

Robert Schetterer rs at sys4.de
Mon Mar 20 19:02:35 UTC 2023

Am 20.03.23 um 18:26 schrieb Brendan Braybrook:
> check out the imap acl support:
> https://doc.dovecot.org/configuration_manual/acl/
>
> On 2023-03-20 10:12, Rᴇɴᴇ́ Pꜰᴇɪꜰꜰᴇʀ wrote:
>> Hello!
>>
>> We are currently exploring email archiving solutions. Is there a way
>> to use an
>> IMAP mailbox in read-only / archive mode? The requirement is that
>> delibveries of
>> new emails should be possible (via SMTP/LMTP), but no messages should
>> be deleted
>> via IMAP access.
>>
>> Frankly I don't think this works, but maybe some of you have tried
>> this already.
>>
>> Regards,
>> René.

years ago i created a archive concept

https://blog.sys4.de/mailarchiv-mit-dovecot-und-postfix-sortiert-nach-datum-mailadressen-und-ein-ausgehend-unterordnern-de.html
read only via imap acl should also be addable

but however read

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Email_archiving

when it comes to i.e

Regulatory compliance etc

--
[*] sys4 AG

http://sys4.de, +49 (89) 30 90 46 64
Schleißheimer Straße 26/MG, 80333 München