[Dovecot] [OT] Is there a secure reverse IMAP proxy

Sven Kirmess dovecot at kzone.ch
Fri Apr 16 19:47:55 EEST 2004

This question is off topic. I ask this list
because the question is related to security and
IMAP and I guess the people in this list know
a lot about both of that.

Is there a secure reverse proxy for the IMAP protocol?
Something you can install on a bastion host which
checks the IMAP traffic before forwarding it to
the internal IMAP server?

There are these proxies for WebMail to IMAP connections
but as far as I can tell they were not created for
security reasons and not with security as primary goal.

Sven