[Dovecot] "important" flag

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Sun May 23 04:58:08 EEST 2004

On Sat, 2004-05-22 at 18:45, Rick Jones wrote:
> > but I was going to change COPY command to move files
> > directly into cur/ to avoid problems with other maildir clients.
>
> I see, so that applies only when the client invokes a COPY between folders?

Well, APPEND command also accepts initial message flags so that'd have
to be changed too.

Hmm.. Currently Dovecot sets the \Recent flag by checking if mail is in
new/ directory. I guess I'll have to do some changes to also set \Recent
if it's in cur/ but isn't in dovecot-uidlist file..

> > I think with Sieve LDA it would work also by storing the mail directly
> > into cur/ directory.
>
> Seems to make sense - think I need to learn more about Sieve :-/

Sieve looks nice enough language for mail filtering. Now if I only could
get Dovecot to support it :)