[Dovecot] "important" flag

Mark E. Mallett mem at mv.mv.com
Sun May 23 22:55:09 EEST 2004

On Sun, May 23, 2004 at 04:11:28PM +0300, Timo Sirainen wrote:
> On 23.5.2004, at 12:19, Rick Jones wrote:
>
> >You pre-empted my next question! I was half-expecting Sieve to be
> >available as a separate server, but it looks like it needs to be
> >integrated into the IMAP server. It's clearly the way Cyrus does it.
> >Any plans?
>
> It doesn't really need to be integrated with IMAP, but it does need to
> know where the mailboxes are stored and in which format. So using
> Dovecot's mailbox library it should be easier than creating a
> completely separate thing. It's planned, but I'm not sure when exactly
> I'll implement it.

Probably time to mention again the notion of having some kind of
redelivery when moving from one folder to another.  i.e. for a folder
so configured, instead of the IMAP/POP server writing a message
directly into the folder, it would invoke a delivery agent
to do so.  This would be great for giving new filter rules a new crack
at an old message, or for things like adding to a statistical spam
corpus, etc.

> You could also try Mark Mallet's http://www.mvmf.org/test/ which I
> heard provides Sieve support but I still haven't looked at that
> myself.. :)

Just start at www.mvmf.org though, the /test/ was an old thing.

Relatedly, Matthew Elvey has a matrix of SIEVE implementations at:

  http://wiki.fastmail.fm/wiki/index.php/SieveExtensionsSupportMatrix

It's an alpha version but it seems like a good thing to have.

-mm-