[Dovecot] Small change to make dovecot pop3 uw-imap migration friendly

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Thu May 27 17:57:40 EEST 2004

On 27.5.2004, at 16:29, Oleg I. Vdovikin wrote:

> Hi,
>
>     today I've finished migration from uw-imap daemons to shiny and
> fast
> dovecot. With thanks of dovecot my mail server load average drops by
> factor
> of ten even with ancient unix mailboxes. ;-)

Get 0.99.10.5, it fixes possible mbox corruption.

>     So, the only thing I've discovered is what POP3 uidls are
> different than
> ones used in the uw-imap. Luckily, the difference are only in the
> format
> string used in uidl response. So, I've made the following change in
> the code

Actually I just wrote a similiar patch a few days ago .. :)
http://dovecot.org/patches/pop3-uidl-uwimap.patch it's against .10.5
which changed a bit.

>     Probably this small change could be applied to the 1.0, or used as
> config option.

I was thinking about making this fully configurable, ie. a config
option which would accept printf-like string. "%v.%u" "%08xv%08xu" or
something. Or maybe it's not worth it, I'd have to look at other POP3
servers to see what different kinds of UIDs they use..