[Dovecot] Compile trouble with mysql

Michael Goth mg at cho.de
Fri Aug 5 17:40:25 EEST 2005

Hello!

I tried to compile the latest 1.0-test (79) with mysql support, but
there is the following error:

/usr/local/mysql/lib/libmysqlclient.a(sha1.o)(.text+0x5c): In function
`sha1_result':
: multiple definition of `sha1_result'
../lib/liblib.a(sha1.o)(.text+0x830):/usr/local/src/dovecot/dovecot-1.0-test79/src/lib/sha1.c:233: first defined here

So 'sha1_result' is defined by mysqlclient and dovecot. This is an issue
I already reported some time ago. According to a search in the list
archives, it seems no one else has this problem. But there must be more
people using dovecot with MySQL support.
Probably this only happens with the statically linked MySQL version from
mysql.org?

I'd really appreciate any help on this, as I have to set up a new mail
server quickly (and Courier just doesn't work the way I want it to).

Thanks,
Michael