[Dovecot] Mail disappearing

Curtis Maloney cmaloney at cardgate.net
Thu Aug 11 09:05:09 EEST 2005

bclements at io-networks.com wrote:
> It's not just that mail is dissappearing, it's that mail is being DELETED
> completely from random opened folders. We have verified that no other
> clients(pop3 or imap) are accessing the servers and deleting the mail.
>
> When a user opens a folder, the mail is there and then it's not.

This sounds suspiciously like someone has turned on the anti-spam feature of
their mail client with "delete mails detected as SPAM" selected instead of
safely moving it to a SPAM folder for review.

Any chance they're the sort of user to turn on good sounding features without
checking how they work?  (I know, I know... most of management, and half the
rest of the users fit this category :)

--
Curtis Maloney