[Dovecot] Dovecot & SquirrelMail HELP!

admin at downend.org admin at downend.org
Thu Aug 11 17:42:54 EEST 2005

Hey,
Somenoe gave me this link:
http://www.squirrelmail.org/wiki/en_US/SquirrelMailAndDovecotIMAP

I followed it and completed it... so I assume SquirrelMail should work...
I am recieving an issue trying to connect to the IMap server in squirrelmail.

Firstly I recieve no response when starting dovecot

aries:/var/www/mail/config# /etc/init.d/dovecot start
aries:/var/www/mail/config#

Which is odd...

I can telnet to it:
aries:/var/www/mail/config# telnet localhost 143
Trying 127.0.0.1...
Connected to localhost.localdomain.
Escape character is '^]'.

I have installed previous Imap Servers could that be it?
How can I check if port 143 is being used by another imap server?

Regards,
Quoting admin at downend.org: