[Dovecot] Dovecot & SquirrelMail HELP!

albi albi at scii.nl
Thu Aug 11 18:28:06 EEST 2005

On Fri, Aug 12, 2005 at 12:42:54AM +1000, admin at downend.org wrote:

> http://www.squirrelmail.org/wiki/en_US/SquirrelMailAndDovecotIMAP
>

> I followed it and completed it...

the 2 urls given in some email earlier gave different values for
e.g. the imap-server field

> so I assume SquirrelMail should work...

on a working mailserver (freebsd) with dovecot + squirrelmail i have :

IMAP Settings
--------------
4.  IMAP Server            : 192.168.2.22
5.  IMAP Port              : 143
6.  Authentication type    : login
7.  Secure IMAP (TLS)      : false
8.  Server software        : other
9.  Delimiter              : detect

B.  Update SMTP Settings   : 192.168.2.22:25
H.  Hide IMAP Server Settings

> I am recieving an issue trying to connect to the IMap server in squirrelmail.
>
> Firstly I recieve no response when starting dovecot
>
> aries:/var/www/mail/config# /etc/init.d/dovecot start

try /etc/init.d/dovecot restart
or  /etc/init.d/dovecot stop ; /etc/init.d/dovecot start

> I have installed previous Imap Servers could that be it?
> How can I check if port 143 is being used by another imap server?

netstat -tan|grep 143