[Dovecot] Dovecot & SquirrelMail

admin at downend.org admin at downend.org
Sun Aug 14 18:44:06 EEST 2005

Update On the Following:
Hey Everyone got some good news and some wierd things...

Firstly,
netstat -ltnp | grep ':143' -- does not show an output
telnet localhost 143 -- Cannot Connect

Secondly,
I have no firewall installed.

Thirdly,
If I type "mail" as the user in SSH I can read my mail and I can send mail from
other servers... which is strange considering it cannot connect

Fourthly,
/etc/init.d/dovecot start (Just start) -- Does not show an output.
pidof dovecot -- Does not state a process for dovecot

Any ideas what I should do... or anyone knows the reason.
I checked mail.err and comes up with the following:
Aug 14 07:15:04 aries imap-login: Can't load private key file
/etc/ssl/private/dovecot.pe..................

and of course because of the above SquirrelMail cannot detect the Dovecot Imap
Server.

I would appreciate some step to step guidience as it is getting important.
I also appreciate the people who have helped me and thank you for not being
cocky... or big headed...

Once dovecot is running I won't be touching it for a very long time :)
Regards,
Mark Smith