[Dovecot] Can't create subfolders of my INBOX or delete folders with IMAP

Matthew Exon 08260360 at exon.dyndns.org
Thu Mar 3 23:46:38 EET 2005

Yes: interesting effect.  When you create a folder with a trailing
slash, the created folder is greyed out.  You can then create subfolders
in the greyed out folders by right clicking on them.  I'd be interested
to see where this functionality is documented :-/

So your explanation seems right, that I can't delete folders because the
Trash folder can't have subfolders.  It looks like Thunderbird does have
some explicit support for the node/leaf model (the greyed out folder
names), but this support is incomplete, because it doesn't recognise
that this will make it impossible to delete a folder.

I guess using some other client to delete folders is a solution for that
- but what I really want to do is to enable INBOX and Trash to have
subfolders, which must be a server-side thing.  Anyone have a suggestion
for that?