[Dovecot] Can't create subfolders of my INBOX or delete folders with IMAP

Matthew Exon 08260360 at exon.dyndns.org
Fri Mar 4 01:30:29 EET 2005

Magnus Holmgren wrote:

> So in short, the most important part is to tell your MDA that you want
> mail delivered into maildirs (and of course where you want it). You also
> need to convert all mailboxes. I think Dovecot should be the least of
> your worries.

I see what you mean.  This is the downside of using properly modular
software systems: I'm using Thunderbird to discover information about
Dovecot which is misbehaving because of a subtle issue with Exim, and
it's a real pain to figure out which piece is the real problem :-(

I think I'll cheerfully put off sorting all of this out until tomorrow.
  Thanks for your help!