[Dovecot] Plain Authentication - Outlook not working

Simon Windsor simon.windsor at cornfield.org.uk
Sun Mar 13 13:16:58 EET 2005

Hi

I have just upgraded a mail server from dovecot-0.99 to stable
(dovecot-1.0.59).

My normal desktop email client, kmail is working fine, but outlook keeps
producing PLAIN authentication errors, and refusing to authenticate.

From dovecot.log, I can see

dovecot: Mar 13 10:57:30 Error: auth(default): sql(<xxxxxxxMy
Detailsxxxxxxxxxxx>): Password query must return a field named "password"

I have tried setting, unsetting disable_plaintext_auth in dovecot.conf, to no
avail.

What is happening, and what should I do to get all email cleints to work.

Simon
--
Simon Windsor
Email: simon.windsor at cornfield.org.uk