[Dovecot] Re: (no subject)

John Peacock jpeacock at rowman.com
Tue Mar 15 18:32:38 EET 2005

Geo Carncross wrote:
> On Tue, 2005-03-15 at 10:53 -0500, John Peacock wrote:
>
>>Geo Carncross wrote:
>>
>>>But not for you. Thunderbird can easily find messages by Message-Id.
>>
> In thunderbird:
>
> Edit -> Find -> Search Messages (Shift-F)
> change "field" to "Customize"
> enter "Message-ID" -> click "Add"
> Click OK
> pick "Message-ID" from field-list
> enter message ID into contains-field
> hit Search.

That's not what I would consider easy (in the sense that the client
would automatically understand the Message-ID in context).

> Put dovecot.org into your IMAP client (anonymous), and search there.

That's more helpful.

> But I agree: the Pipermail installation should be configured to include
> Message-IDs so that google can search it for them.

That would be nice too, but then the appropriate citation would be to
the Google search, not just the bare Message-ID...

John

--
John Peacock
Rowman & Littlefield Publishing Group