[Dovecot] FC2 POP Configurtion

Linux Stuff linux at frankhunt.com
Tue Mar 29 03:15:05 EEST 2005

I'm a newbie to dovecot and a little bit less of a newbit to linux.  I
am in the process of moving my server from RH9 to FC2.  The only
obstacle remaining is my email.  I run sendmail with netscape mail
clients - mostly PC's.  They all can read their mail but none of the
users can send.  Depending on the state of the dovecot.conf file, I get
the following:

Mar 28 16:04:14 corvette sendmail[5810]: unable to open Berkeley db
/etc/sasldb2: Invalid argument
Mar 28 16:04:14 corvette sendmail[5810]: unable to open Berkeley db
/etc/sasldb2: Invalid argument
Mar 28 16:04:14 corvette sendmail[5810]: no secret in database

I know I must be missing something, probably trivial.  Does someone have
a simple, easy-to-read, config file for dovecot pop running with sendmail?

Thanks