[Dovecot] new to dovecot, dealing with MH foders

jerry scharf scharf at lagunawayconsulting.com
Thu Mar 31 04:36:04 EEST 2005

Hello,

I'm sorry if this is a repeat, a few choice searches into google didn't
help and I found no search for the archives.

I can no longer put of moving away from UW-IMAP. Dovecot certainly seems to
be the right choice, but I am having problems getting it to do what I need
it to for all my mail. The machine is running the dist version, 0.99.12.

I have a system mailbox and a large MH mail tree (~25K messages.) I saw
that dovecot didn't support mh trees like UW did. It looked like maildir
would be a good common target. So I found a script that would convert the
mbox to maildir and have adjusted postfix, and that all works fine. Then I
found mh2maildir, and ran it over my entire mh tree. Then I tried just for
a test copying one of the small top level directories under ~/Maildir, but
my MUA (mulberry) doesn't see it.

So how do I get dovecot to see things other than the inbox in maildir
format? How can I easily test to see if it's dovecot's problem or the MUA?

thanks for any help,
jerry

Jerry Scharf
laguna way consulting