[Dovecot] Corrupt mbox folders after migration from uw-imap

Ian Mortimer ian at physics.uq.edu.au
Wed Sep 13 01:06:11 EEST 2006

On Tue, 2006-09-12 at 19:40 +0200, Magnus Stenman wrote:

> I have seen the same thing.
>
> dovecot 0.99, CentOS 4, squirrelmail (not verified that it affects
> squirrel only users)

dovecot 0.99, RHEL4.  It's not just affecting squirrelmail users
here.  Both pop and imap clients are affected.  randomly (it seems)
at an average of around 1 or 2 a day.

> I usually just delete the extra line in vi.

That sounds slightly dangerous.  Do you lock the Inbox while your
doing that?

In our case it's not just a single extra line.  There's usually a couple
of lines (blank and some with a few characters) before the first From
line.

I checked (again) that both procmail (LDA) and dovecot are creating and
honouring lock files.  dotlocks at least seem to be working perfectly
(and getting removed after 180s as configured in dovecot).

I've run out of ideas.

> have since switched to dovecot 1.0, so far so good....

I'm getting desperate enough to try that also.

--
Ian