[Dovecot] SSL_accept failed

Morgan Nightbear morgan at nightbear.net
Fri Sep 15 15:15:13 EEST 2006

On Sep 15, 2006, at 2:30 AM, Timothy Martin wrote:

> I've successfully gone back and forth with using the same cert and
> key that works with my mail client and an alternate mail server
> (courier-imap) but seems to not work with with Dovecot/Apple Mail.
> I've also tested with openssl s_client commands (shown below). So
> given a particular cert/key the situation looks like this:
> 	Courier + Apple Mail:	works
> 	Courier + Thunderbird: works
> 	Dovecot + Apple Mail: doesn't work
> 	Dovecot + Thunderbird: works
>
> I found an old message on the mailing list that basically just said
> that Apple Mail isn't working with IMAP-SSL support on dovecot, but
> that seems like it must be a bug that hopefully would be fixed (if
> it hasn't been already).
>
> Does anyone else have info or experience with that?

I have had no problems with Apple Mail+Dovecot. All I had to do was
import the certificate so I wouldn't get the question about the
certificate every time I started Apple Mail.

In the account setup, in the advanced tab, the settings are Port:
993, Use SSL is checked and Authentication is Password.

I'm running Dovecot 1.0rc7 if that makes any difference.

-----Morgan