[Dovecot] SSL_accept failed

Timothy Martin instanttim at mac.com
Fri Sep 15 19:01:22 EEST 2006

Morgan,

I looked at your server (amethyst) using "openssl s_client" and
compared it to mine, and they appear exactly the same. Is that the
server to which you connect with Apple Mail successfully?

FYI: my server is running FreeBSD 4.11 (if it matters)

> I have had no problems with Apple Mail+Dovecot. All I had to do was
> import the certificate so I wouldn't get the question about the
> certificate every time I started Apple Mail.

I don't even get to this point. I don't get the cert warning dialog
with my dovecot server (i do for courier) -- the activity window just
shows it trying to synchronize for a very long time with no success.

> In the account setup, in the advanced tab, the settings are Port:
> 993, Use SSL is checked and Authentication is Password.
>
> I'm running Dovecot 1.0rc7 if that makes any difference.

These are indeed the settings I am using as well, except my port is
different because my production server is using 993.

.tim