[Dovecot] FWD: Re: put procmail between postfix and dovecot

M. Fioretti mfioretti at mclink.it
Tue Sep 19 09:07:34 EEST 2006

(sorry if you received it already, I had a server crash and never received this from the list, so I thought I'd resend it)

----- Forwarded message from "M. Fioretti" <mfioretti at mclink.it> -----

Subject: Re: [Dovecot] put procmail between postfix and dovecot
From: "M. Fioretti" <mfioretti at mclink.it>
Date: Sat, 16 Sep 2006 13:48:49 +0200
To: dovecot at dovecot.org

On Sat, Sep 16, 2006 12:07:31 PM +0200, Gerhard Wiesinger
(lists at wiesinger.com) wrote:

> You can try my procmail patch posted on this list,

Er... sorry, but why is a patch needed for this? I was expecting to
find just some folder naming rule. Aren't both dovecot and procmail
maildir compatible?

Apart from this, running patched software would go against this:

> >I have to do all this sorting with procmail for two reasons:
> >
> >- I want to have as little sw as possible on that server, and
> >update it semi-automatically, if possible only from the official
> >repositories

and "I want" isn't really correct, I basically "have to", for reasons
irrelevant here, make the maintainance of that server as automatic as
possible, without installing compilers or using anything else but the
local (intranet) mirrors of the official repositories.

So unfortunately this patch isn't for me, not this time at least, but
thanks.

Ciao,
	Marco

	(still interested to know if there are solutions not involving
	patches)

--
Marco Fioretti                    mfioretti, at the server mclink.it
Fedora Core 3 for low memory      http://www.rule-project.org/

                                                       R. A. Heinlein

----- End forwarded message -----

--
Marco Fioretti                    mfioretti, at the server mclink.it
Fedora Core 3 for low memory      http://www.rule-project.org/

Human beings act intelligently only after they have exhausted the
alternatives -- Abba Eban