[Dovecot] Deliver-Problem

Michael Schröder ms at zymotic.de
Tue Sep 19 14:27:29 EEST 2006

Hi,

I installed a Emailserver based on Debian Sarge, exim (4.50-8sarge2) and
dovecot (1.0.rc2-1bpo1). Delivering Mails with Exim to my Maildir works
fine. Because I want to filter my messages with Sieve, I tried to
deliver mails with deliver, but get the following error message (example
with a testmail and user "Debian-exim", not delivered via Exim):

--8<--
dovecot: 2006-09-19 13:17:23 Error: auth(default):
deliver(username at domain.tld): "2006-09-19 13:17:23 "Fatal: setgid(1003)
failed: Operation not permitted
--8<--

Here's the relevant part of my configuration file:

--8<--
auth default {
  mechanisms = plain login
  passdb sql { args = /etc/dovecot/dovecot-sql.conf }
  userdb sql { args = /etc/dovecot/dovecot-sql.conf }
  socket listen {
   master {
    path = /var/run/dovecot/auth-master
    mode = 0660
    user = virtual
    group = virtual
   }
  }
}
--8<--

User "Debian-exim" is in the same group as user "virtual". Both have
r/w-permissions on /var/run/dovecot/auth-master:

0 srw-rw----  1 virtual virtual 0 2006-09-18 13:58
/var/run/dovecot/auth-master

Is there anybody who had the same problems and can help me?

Best regards,

   Michael.

PS: Sorry for my horrible english.