[Dovecot] Preforming an action/trigger after a user successfully authenticates

Dan Trainor dan at v2web.com
Mon Sep 25 22:55:31 EEST 2006

Hi -

I have searched the docs for v1.0 RC7, but cannot find what I'm looking for.

What I'm ultimately wanting to do is have Dovecot preform some action,
or a trigger, when the user is successfully authenticated.  Even more
specifically, I'd like to run another SQL query to record a date/time
for last authenticated login.

Short from running a script during logrotate, or constantly tailing the
log, is there any mechanism in Dovecot that would allow me to do this?
Again, all I'm looking to do is to record the last date/time that
someone successfully logged in, into a MySQL database.

Thanks!
-dant