[Dovecot] support for UW-style mbox

Rich West Rich.West at wesmo.com
Wed Sep 27 18:47:24 EEST 2006

Yes, you are correct.  I'm not sure what I was thinking when I phrased
it that way. :)  Linux derivatives use procmail as the default MDA,
while other platforms use different MDA's to do the final delivery.
Sendmail acts as an MTA (Mail Transport Agent) and does not directly
touch the end user's mailboxes.

To clarify the answer to the original question, the MDA and MTA are
*very* closely related as they work hand-in-hand.  The MDA, not dovecot,
is the one that does the final delivery of email to the user's mailbox.

-Rich