[Dovecot] managesieve proxy

Neale Pickett neale at woozle.org
Wed Apr 4 18:44:07 EEST 2007

On Wednesday 04 April 2007 9:24 am, Marshal Newrock wrote:
> We have dovecot on a pop/imap server working as a proxy to dovecot on
> the backend storage servers.  This is working fine, but the difficulty
> is that if I use, for example, avelsieve in squirrelmail, it doesn't
> know where to connect.  I imagine the same problem would exist with
> sieve-capable mail clients such as KMail, especially since the outside
> world isn't allowed to connect directly to the storage servers.
>
> Does anyone know of a way to proxy managesieve?

There are no managesieve protocol proxies, but you could proxy it at the TCP
level.

Something like tcpproxy will let you forward TCP connection to another host.
I think you can even configure netcat to do this.  Of course, your proxy
machine can probably also do this in the IP stack.  On Linux, for instance,
you could use iptables.

Neale