[Dovecot] Connection refused with auth-master afterupgradingto Dovecot 1.0 rc 28

Jason Warner jasonw at brashers.com
Tue Apr 10 21:33:50 EEST 2007

> > Apr 10 11:48:28 mail deliver(user at domain.com): setgid(999) failed:
> > Operation
> > not permitted
> ..
> > 999 is the gid of my vmail user.
> ..
> > dovecot   unix  -       n       n       -       -       pipe
> >   flags=DRhu user=vmail:mail argv=/usr/libexec/dovecot/deliver -d
>
> So then you should use vmail:vmail here.

That did it. Thank you so much for your help.

> > I couldn't find a core dump file in the base_dir (/var/run/
> > dovecot). Is
> > there a way to force a core dump?
>
> ulimit -c unlimited
>
> in the same shell before running dovecot should do it.

I still didn't get a core dump in /var/run/dovecot. Should I be looking
somewhere else? That is the directory that the base_dir variable is set to
in my dovecot.conf file.

I tried this with both the allow_all_users set and without it set. That was
the fix though. By adding allow_all_users to my userdb static args,
everything is running just fine.