[Dovecot] Connection refused with auth-master afterupgradingto Dovecot 1.0 rc 28

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Tue Apr 10 21:48:29 EEST 2007

On 10.4.2007, at 21.33, Jason Warner wrote:

> I still didn't get a core dump in /var/run/dovecot. Should I be
> looking
> somewhere else? That is the directory that the base_dir variable is
> set to
> in my dovecot.conf file.

Well, another way would be to attach gdb directly into dovecot-auth
while it's still running:

gdb attach `pidof dovecot-auth`
cont
(wait for crash)
bt full
fr 4
p *request

Anyway I should be able to figure out the assert by looking at the
code too. Just a bit more difficult, since a couple of minutes wasn't
enough. :)

> I tried this with both the allow_all_users set and without it set.
> That was
> the fix though. By adding allow_all_users to my userdb static args,
> everything is running just fine.

Only problem with that is that it doesn't know if the user exists or
not. So depending on how you've set up permissions, it's possible
that it delivers mails to unknown users as well, creating the
directories if needed..