[Dovecot] v1.1 plans

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Tue Apr 17 22:55:33 EEST 2007

On Tue, 2007-04-17 at 15:41 -0400, Justin McAleer wrote:

> In my testing of using sql dictionary for quota, it appears pretty
> buggy. Are you aware of such problems? Either way, would you consider
> reliable dictionary quota support a target for 1.1?

Actually I think I did it today. The biggest problem with v1.0
implementation was that expunges could be counted multiple times if
multiple processes were running.

I ran imaptest for a while with 10 connections and in 3 different tests
the dict quota always contained correct values, so I thought it was
probably working.

> I did find that it
> seemed to blow maildir++ away in terms of performance. We have a few
> really large maildirs that basically choke when quota is enabled
> using
> maildir++ (200,000+ messages).

Even if filenames had the ,S=size? Another problem is that the quota is
read, and possibly recalculated, much more often than is really
necessary.. I haven't fixed that yet in v1.1.