[Dovecot] help with static userdb

Kyle Wheeler kyle-dovecot at memoryhole.net
Wed Apr 18 10:01:37 EEST 2007

On Wednesday, April 18 at 09:04 AM, quoth Timo Sirainen:
>> When I attempt to log in as, say, kyle at memoryhole.net (via telnet,
>> so I *know* I'm logging in as that user), the debug log says that
>> it thinks my home directory is "/domains//kyle".
>
>Your passdb drops the domain out. This is usually caused by SQL
>password_query:

Ahh, gotcha. I was actually using checkpassword, and I'm not sure how
to get the domain back out of what it returns.

I just switched over to using ldap directly (my checkpassword program
was an ldap frontend), and that seems to have fixed the problem.

~Kyle
--
Many who claim to have been transformed by Christ's love are deeply,
even murderously, intolerant of criticism.