[Dovecot] MANAGESIEVE patch v5 for dovecot 1.0.2

Stephan Bosch stephan at rename-it.nl
Thu Aug 2 12:09:05 EEST 2007

Hi Andreas,

Andreas Ntaflos schreef:
> I got this working just fine, using the method you described below. Of course
> I had to base64-encode the "username\0username\0password" string first, which
> is probably not so obvious to someone who doesn't have much experience
> debugging authentication problems :)
>
> I am using KMail 1.9.7 and KDE 3.5.7 to connect to the server (KDE has a
> kioslave for sieve).
>
> But seeing that connecting and authenticating worked fine with gnutls-cli this
> seems to be a KMail- oder KDE-related problem?
Being curious, I installed KMail myself and I instantly get the same
error. When I disable the TLS support on the server it can connect (it
still tries to use STARTTLS however). But, then the trouble is not over.
When trying to view a script it reports a protocol error and
disconnects. This happens right after the GETSCRIPT command produces its
output.

I'll have a dive into the sourcecode of KMail to see what might cause
this 'incompatibility'...

Regards,

Stephan.