[Dovecot] MANAGESIEVE patch v5 for dovecot 1.0.2 [FIXED KMail]

Stephan Bosch stephan at rename-it.nl
Sat Aug 4 14:57:03 EEST 2007

Hi Andreas,

Andreas Ntaflos schreef:
> I got this working just fine, using the method you described below. Of course
> I had to base64-encode the "username\0username\0password" string first, which
> is probably not so obvious to someone who doesn't have much experience
> debugging authentication problems :)
>
> I am using KMail 1.9.7 and KDE 3.5.7 to connect to the server (KDE has a
> kioslave for sieve).
>
> But seeing that connecting and authenticating worked fine with gnutls-cli this
> seems to be a KMail- oder KDE-related problem?
After a large series of frustrations about getting kdepim to compile, I
finally found and fixed the problem in KMail. The issues were caused by
small protocol violations in the kioslave implementation.

I constructed a small patch against kdepim 3.5.6/3.5.7. On Ubuntu/Debian
I did not manage to do a complete kdepim build myself, because it would
fail on strange linker errors reporting missing symbols. All I did was
to execute ./configure in the main source tree (creating all the
Makefiles) and then I changed directory to kioslaves/sieve and executed
make there. This results in kio_sieve.la and kio_sieve.so being built in
the local .libs direcory. I copied these to the location they are
normally installed in my system (/usr/lib/kde3 for my distro), thus
overwriting the originals.  Then I could connect to dovecot managesieve,
list scripts, delete scripts, edit scripts and save them.

The patch can be downloaded at:

http://sinas.rename-it.nl/~sirius/kdepim_sieve_patch.diff

I submitted the patch to the kdepim mailinglist and I hope they will
merge it into their future releases to definitively resolve these issues.

Regards,

--
Stephan Bosch
stephan at rename-it.nl