[Dovecot] removing IMAP keywords?

martin f krafft madduck at madduck.net
Fri Aug 24 09:53:22 EEST 2007

also sprach Kyle Wheeler <kyle-dovecot at memoryhole.net> [2007.08.23.2103 +0200]:
> Check out section 9, Formal Syntax. Specifically, "flag-keyword", which is
> defined to be an "atom", which is a sequence of ANY character except the
> "atom-specials". In other words, a flag-keyword is a string of one or more
> characters, not including (, ), {, " ", control characters, %, *, ", \, and
> ].

So this would mean we could use UTF-7 (RFC 2152) to encode pretty
much anything in those tags.

Is there a maximum length? I could not tell from the document.

  \____ echo mailto: !#^."<*>"|tr "<*> mailto:" net at madduck

the images rushed around his mind and tried
to find somewhere to settle down and make sense.
            -- douglas adams, "the hitchhiker's guide to the galaxy"

spamtraps: madduck.bogus at madduck.net