[Dovecot] Dovecot Antispam Problem (Using mail sending backend)

Justin Refice justin at refice.net
Mon Dec 10 20:12:47 EET 2007

I'm trying to setup DSPAM training using the mail-sending backend of the
Antispam filter, unfortunately, things don't appear to be working.

I've compiled it against the debian etch dovecot libraries, and the plugin
itself builds, and doesn't report any errors when running.  As a matter of
fact, it doesn't report ANYTHING when running, except for the initialization
code (DEBUG=syslog):

imap: antispam: plugin initialising
imap: antispam: "trash" is trash folder
imap: antispam: "Trash" is trash folder
imap: antispam: "Deleted Items" is trash folder
imap: antispam: "spam" is spam folder
imap: antispam: "Spam" is spam folder
imap: antispam: "SPAM" is spam folder
imap: antispam: "junk" is spam folder
imap: antispam: "Junk" is spam folder
imap: antispam: "Junk Mail" is spam folder
imap: antispam: no unsure folders
imap: antispam: mail backend spam address dspam-add at xxx.yyy
imap: antispam: mail backend not-spam address dspam-fp at xxx.yyy
imap: antispam: mail backend sendmail /usr/sbin/sendmail
imap: antispam: mail backend tmpdir /tmp

And that's it.  I never hear from the plugin again, regardless of how many
times I create/delete the SPAM folder, or how many times I move/copy
into/out of the folder.  The plugin is basically silent.
  I don't see the mails being sent/recieved, so I'm assuming that's it isn't
doing anything at all.

I can manually use the training addresses, so I know they're working.  Any
help would be appreciated.

-Justin R.