[Dovecot] Reproducible duplicate messages bug with Mail.app+Dovecot

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Mon Feb 12 17:00:25 UTC 2007

On Sat, 2007-02-10 at 12:00 -0800, Andrew Moran wrote:
> Server: Dovecot 1.0rc22 using Maildir on FreeBSD 6.1

Linux here.

> Client:  Mail.app 2.1 on OS X 10.4.8

Same here. Says 2.1 (752/752.2).

> 1) Create a new imap folder (let's say "bar")
> 2) Drag more than one message (let's say 3 or 4) from existing imap
> folder "foo" to new folder "bar".

By this I suppose you mean the move operation, which does internally
COPY + STORE \Deleted for the selected messages.

> 3) Click on new folder "bar" and see messages in there.
> 4) Select messages and delete them (Delete key).  Messages are gone
> as expected.

So just mark them deleted, no expunge?

> new folder "bar"
> 6) Click on bar.
> 7) You will notice that all the second set of messages show up twice.

The first set is still gone?

I couldn't reproduce it. What Trash settings do you have? Anyway like
others suggested looking at rawlog output would be helpful in showing
what goes wrong.

Also have you tried recreating your Dovecot account in Mail.app? That
alone might fix it..