[Dovecot] Custom login_greeting per virtual server?

Cassidy B. Larson alandaluz at gmail.com
Wed Jan 3 22:22:47 UTC 2007

> Nope. Two possibilities:
>
> 1) Modify the sources.
>
> 2) Create a dovecot-auth proxying daemon. Login process connects to
> your proxy, which in turn connects to dovecot-auth and just proxies
> the data. Then whenever it sees that a login succeeds, it executes
> whatever you want.
>
> I'm not really planning on adding a post_login setting soon, since
> mail_executable works for pretty much everyone. Have to think about
> the proxying problem more before implementing anything.

My original idea was for my proxys to do some popbeforesmtp insertions into
a database upon auth-success.  Since the proxy knows the remote IP but the
destination servers wont. My solution, for those that care, was to send my
logging off to syslog, and have it execute a perl script which just listens
for input. Grab the correct string  via regex (from the wiki), make sure
it's a non-local IP, and INSERT it into the table (going to switch to
REPLACE syntax soon enough, so I dont have to worry about duplicates, nor
tons of entries in my table). Seems to work fine with my current load.  I'd
be willing to share my hacks with any that might be interested.

Thanks,

-c