[Dovecot] Custom login_greeting per virtual server?

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Wed Jan 3 22:47:39 UTC 2007

On 4.1.2007, at 0.22, Cassidy B. Larson wrote:

> Since the proxy knows the remote IP but the destination servers wont.

This is BTW something that I think should be fixed some day. Wonder
if any existing servers support a way to do this, so I could
implement something that's compatible with something else than
Dovecot also?

Also I think dovecot-auth would need to support two kinds of IP
address %variables then. The proxy's and the client's. Which ones
should be the defaults? Client's, I think?