[Dovecot] Getting "Can't resolve address no: Name or service not known" error when starting Dovecot

Francesco Piraneo Giuliano fpiraneo at gmail.com
Fri Jan 5 10:49:17 UTC 2007

2006/12/28, Timo Sirainen <tss at iki.fi>:
> On 27.12.2006, at 11.56, Francesco Piraneo Giuliano wrote:
>
> > listen: *:143
> > ssl_listen: no
>
> You're telling Dovecot to listen for SSL connections in "no" address.
>
> > ssl_disable: yes
>
> Although maybe it shouldn't be even trying that if SSL is disabled.
> I'll see if I can get that fixed.

Hi everyone!

I tried to modify the configuration file as suggested by Timo
(ssl_listen: ssl_listen: *:993) BUT Dovecot always answer with the
same message (Fatal: Can't resolve address no: Name or service not
known). I still don't realize what kind of service it doesn'k know,
what kind of name it doesn't know and what address number it's trying
to resolve, the dovecot logfile is empty!
I get no reference of what row number of the configuration file make
the program complaining, I can't get any clue to solve the problem...

I have to stay with the old 0.99 for a life?

Francesco