[Dovecot] Disable TLS on port 143?

John Peacock jpeacock at rowman.com
Tue Jan 9 19:39:17 UTC 2007

Jackie Hunt wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Is there a way to disable the TLS support provided by Dovecot
> on port 143?  I'd like to run SSL on 993, so as far as I can
> tell I can't use ssl_disable, since the will disable SSL.
> I'm looking for the equivalent of an ssl_disable_tls
> setting.

You can use ipchains or your external firewall to disable TLS, though
why you care, I don't know.  TLS is exactly the same thing as SSL,
except that the initial connection isn't encrypted (though nothing of
significance is passed before the connection is upgraded to an encrypted
one).

John

--
John Peacock