[Dovecot] A few rc17 imap crashes

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Tue Jan 16 22:57:07 UTC 2007

On Tue, 2007-01-16 at 23:48 +0100, Rainer Ophoven wrote:
> dovecot: Jan 16 23:37:14 Error: child 1239 (imap) killed with signal 11

Can you get a gdb backtrace from this?

> dovecot: Jan 16 23:39:15 Error: IMAP(rainer): Corrupted index file
> /home/rainer/Maildir/.INBOX.dovecot/dovecot.index: Record field keywords
> points outside record size (12 < 12+2)
>
> my setup: linux 2.4.34, postfix, amavisd, dovecot, thunderbird-1.5.0.9
> on XP, with rules moving incoming mails depending on "subject" and
> "from" into various subfolders.

Do you use Dovecot's deliver? Does anything ever delete the index files?
Do you have mmap_disable=yes? If not, try if setting it helps? Do you
have any keywords set in your maildir (and does dovecot-keywords file
contain anything)?

I've been doing pretty heavy stress testing in my own computer the whole
day, but I haven't managed to cause this bug to happen with me. Luckily
I've found and fixed a few other bugs. :)