[Dovecot] LDAP authentication stops working...

Adrian Close adrian at close.wattle.id.au
Sun Jan 21 23:25:04 UTC 2007

On Fri, 19 Jan 2007, Timo Sirainen wrote:

> Are you using auth_bind=yes? That's been a bit broken. I finally today
> did several fixes to it so that it won't hang at least with my stress
> tests. The code is now in CVS and I built a new nightly snapshot if you
> want to try before rc18 release.

Ah.  Yes, I went for auth_bind=yes because I prefer not to give
privilleged access to anything where I can avoid it.

For the moment (so I could get some sleep) I'm now using "bsdauth" with
login_ldap on OpenBSD, which doesn't fail but does put a lot more load on
the LDAP infrastructure.

I'll try out rc18 when it's ready.

Thanks,

Adrian.