[Dovecot] LDAP authentication stops working...

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Fri Jan 19 16:36:18 UTC 2007

On Tue, 2007-01-09 at 13:59 +1100, Adrian Close wrote:
> Occasionally (generally after a few hours of operation, but not always),
> LDAP-based logins stop working (e.g. hang/timeout after POP3 PASS
> command).  Accounts with local passwords (as opposed to accounts with a
> password field of "x") still work fine at this point.

Are you using auth_bind=yes? That's been a bit broken. I finally today
did several fixes to it so that it won't hang at least with my stress
tests. The code is now in CVS and I built a new nightly snapshot if you
want to try before rc18 release.

Looks like ldap_bind() can't really be used while anything else is going
on. Now the code waits until all the existing LDAP searches are
finished, then it does the bind, and then nothing is done until the bind
is finished.