[Dovecot] Best small server config

Fri Jan 26 23:21:25 UTC 2007

>> 0.99 is VERY old, and is no longer supported. The changes are far too
>> numerous to go into. Suffice it to say, if you want any kind of support
>> with dovecot, you need to be at least using one of the more recent rc's
>> - if not the latest one.

> What a useless bunch of answers here.

Or maybe the problem lies with the one interpreting the answers...

> I have not even mentioned what version I'm using. And what does that matter
> regarding my questions, even? So this software totally disgregards ALL
> former conf entries when turning from 0.99 to 1.00 ? Some fine piece of
> work!

There were some MAJOR changes between 0.99 and the 1.0 version - so
what, do you expect Timo to keep around a bunch of old, outdated
settings just to save you the trouble of doing a little reading before
upgrading?

> This Timo seems to have deducted the version I'm using from conf entries,
> which is very stupid itself, because if the conf has a couple of old
> entries it means dovecot is leaving shit behind from older versions
> and does not clean those.

LOL! Since when is it the job of the SOFTWARE to manage your .conf
files? I do believe that you are a troll...

> Who knows, I might have left them in just to annoy you idiots!

Yep... troll...

--

Best regards,

Charles