[Dovecot] Q on configuring shared mboxes

Mikhail Teterin mi+kde at aldan.algebra.com
Wed Jan 31 19:04:10 UTC 2007

Hello!

I have the following three types of mailboxes on my server:

	1) Regular user mail /var/mail/<user> in mbox format
	2) Suspected spam in /var/tmp/spamprobe in mbox format
	3) Archived mailing list in /home/mks/mksarch in mbox format

I want the 1) to be only accessible to the respective <user>, obviously (POP3
and/or IMAP4).

I wanted the 2) to be accessible to all users -- and I want them to be able to
move stuff out of it into their own mboxes (IMAP4 is enough).

I want the 3) to be accessible _read only_ to anyone, who enters the correct
username/password (preferably -- without creating a special Unix account).
(IMAP4 or POP3)

So far, I have only been able to achieve 1). Could someone, please, help me
configure dovecot for the 2) and the 3)? Thanks!

	-mi